From learning a new language, to venturing a new culture, to conducting press interviews, the general everyday life of a footballer has drastically intensified over recent years
Maximising Potential Through Welfare
The EWM Foundation has been created to give players the opportunity to receive specialist support to prevent potential issues through applying our three core modules of Education, Psychology and Cultural Integration.
Our team comprises of Doctors, Clinical Psychologists, Psychological Coaches, CBT and NLP Practitioners, which are geographically placed throughout the United Kingdom. In addition, EWM has a partnership with a global company, allowing us to overcome language and cultural barriers enabling us to support the player and their immediate family.
Statistics show that the average professional football player spends 88% of their time outside the club's supervision, subsequently leaving themselves exposed to risks such as isolation, a slower integration within their club, and community and becoming vulnerable to negative influences.
EWM will use this time to work with the player, subsequently allowing them to dedicate their time whilst at the club. Therefore, allowing the player to develop and enhance their performance on the field of play, whilst relieving themselves of issues away from the pitch.
EWM aims to achieve this by introducing the player to our modules, which include:
Empowering The Player
- Preparation For First / Long-Term Injury
- Making Experts Available To Assist In Devising Post-Retirement Career Plans
- Exploring Career Opportunities / Ambitions
- Culturally Adapting To A New City / Country
- Teaching Social Techniques To Integrate Faster
- Communication Skills
- Preparation in Leaving Home for First Time
- Preparation in Making Transition from Academy Team To First Team
- Overcoming everyday stresses
EWM provide a preventative approach to Psychological issues, such as:
- Overcoming Phobias
- Relationship Difficulties
- Loss or Bereavement
Preventing and Assisting
- Sourcing Accommodation For Player & Family
- Sourcing Schools For Children
- Support In Developing New Social / Support Network For Family
- Support In Minimising / Preventing / Treating Isolation and
- Specialist Language Tuition