Elite Welfare For Elite Performance

Founded by former Premier League player Vincent Pericard, EWM is the first and only independent welfare organisation of its kind within Sport, aiming to utilise Sport Professionals social environment to maximise performance, development and potential by ensuring their personal and family’s welfare.

We understand the need for Sport Professionals to be able to speak with someone impartial yet someone they can also trust; someone who has experienced exactly what they are going through, yet knowing that they can seek support without having their professional or public position being compromised or scrutinised.

Situated in Cheshire, Capesthorne Hall offers the opportunity for Sports Professionals and their families to retreat to a sanctuary of peaceful tranquillity. Although EWM is primarily focused around professional football players, our unique and tailored model is transferrable to suit all ranges of levels within Sports.

For all enquiries, please contact EWM

88% Time - 100% Improvement

EWM has discovered that the average professional football player spends only 12% of their time within their professional environment (the club), leaving an astonishing 88%, within their social environment.

EWM will use this time to support the player and his family by applying our specialist modules of Education, Psychology and Lifestyle support. Our modules can be selected separately or combined to create a bespoke programme:


Empowering The Player

  • Stress management
  • Social Awareness & Social Support Networks
  • Injury awareness
  • Transition/Relocation
  • End of contract/Retirement
  • Cultural awareness/Team Cohesion
  • Relationship awareness
  • Financial foundation
  • Specialist Language Tuition


EWM provide a preventative approach to Psychological issues, such as:

  • Worries, Anxiety and Stress
  • Significantly lowered moods, Depression
  • Personal Health and Wellbeing concerns
  • Family, Personal, Relationship
  • Inability to relax, issues with Sleep
  • Low self-esteem, self confidence
  • Inability to control Emotions, Anger, Behaviours
  • Specific Performance concerns
  • Feelings of Isolation
  • Self-image and Eating concerns
  • Addictions: Alcohol, Gambling,  Illegal Substances, etc
  • Phobias, Traumas, Bereavement
  • Obsessive behaviours


Preventing and Assisting

  • Living Preference assessment
  • Sourcing Accommodation For Player & Family
  • Sourcing Schools for Children
  • Support in Developing Social/ Support Network For Family
  • Support in Preventing/ Minimising/ Treating Isolation and Homesickness
  • Specialist Language Tuition
  • 24/7 Family Support
  • 24/7 Off Field Incident Management